Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Sunglasses Forecast

The weather has been beautiful over the last few days here in London and it has me thinking (hoping!) that perhaps summer is at last finally here to stay?! Not only does the sunshine dictate bare legs, summer florals and lighter knits but it also makes sunglasses a necessity! Yes ladies, we can finally bring out our treasured sunglasses that we haven't managed to wear for a fairly long time due to the dull rainy weather. I recently went to Miami and felt compelled to buy a new pair of sunglasses to add to my collection consisting of Tom Ford, Ray-ban and Chloe, and researched which pair would fill the gap. I chose a pair from Prada's baroque range but not the round one's with the detail on the legs you are thinking of! I decided they were too big for my face and I wanted something less conspicuous. Also, I have a preference for cat-eye shapes. I'm still in love with the pair I chose, pictured below, especially with the matte detail against the high-gloss.  


However, a girl can always look towards her next sunglasses purchase - the more the better! The following are my top 3 must-have sunglasses for this summer:

1. Linda Farrow for The Row, Round dual-tone sunglasses, £259, www.matchesfashion.com, spotted on Beyonce


2. Miu Miu Glitter acetate cat-eye sunglasses, £196, discounted at www.otticanet.com, loved by Miranda Kerr







3. Celine Audrey military green/brown shaded sunglasses, £176, discounted at www.otticanet.com, worn by Rihanna







The Row sunglassses are on the top of my wishlist and I'm hoping that if the sun really is here to stay then they may be needed... Here's to wishful thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment