Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dior's Makeup Must-Haves

In my opinion, fashion and makeup go hand-in-hand . It is all about creating a unique look that suits your sense of style. We all have our makeup that we love and wear on a daily basis and some that we keep for when we want to change it up a bit, perhaps a special occasion or a beautiful day? Last week I had a party and didn't have enough time to get my makeup done professionally, so instead I decided to treat myself to an eye shadow palette by Dior. I have been using it everyday for a week now and I'm so happy with it that I decided to share it with you. 

I have become even more obsessed with makeup thanks to the tutorials made by the  lovely Tanya Burr and 'The Beauty Guru' Lisa Eldridge that I watch on a weekly basis. Both of their tutorials are amazing and they give excellent advice on products for different skin types and tips on how to re-create either celebrity looks or great looks for everyday or evenings out. I decided to buy the 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette by Dior due to Lisa's love for them and one of the palettes being in her all time favourites video. All of the palettes have light, medium and dark colours making them excellent for everyday use and for those occasions when you want to create a smoky eye. I chose a relatively neutral palette 609 Earth Reflection and I'm so impressed with its amazing consistency and the price, at  £40 for 5 colours I think its a bargain. It goes on very easily and  is extremely pigmented so creating everyday looks or the smoky eye, my favourite look, has never been so quick! 



The sales assistant at Dior in John lewis was really lovely and helpful and managed to talk me into purchasing another item - Diorskin Nude BB Cream. (I'm very easily persuaded when it comes to makeup!) I have the concealer from this range which is great coverage and moisturising so I was happy to try it. I'm relieved to say that this product was worth it as although at £30 it's on the expensive side it is really lovely to wear. It literally melts onto your skin and you don't feel like you're wearing any makeup at all. It is light coverage, equal to a tinted moisturiser, so if you prefer the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation then this isn't for you. And it also gives a natural finish - not too dewy and not too matte - exactly as you want your skin to look.




Some of my all time favourite products are from Dior, including their Amber Diamond Shimmer Powder that is unfortunately discontinued, Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm that I use every night, and the amazing Dior Addict Lip Glow which is a lip balm that enhances the natural colour of your lips bringing them literally back to life! 

If you know what products you want then you should try the beauty websites www.feelunique.com which offers free worldwide delivery and www.escentual.com which often has current products discounted - both offers are always a bonus!   

Which Dior products could you not live without and which would you recommend?  


No comments:

Post a Comment