Monday, April 29, 2013

Perspexly Clear

In my opinion, the plastic trend for Spring/Summer 2013 has to be the most interesting one. Before Charlotte Olympia's clear perspex clutches I would never have thought that people seeing the contents of my bag was fashionable. However, today it's crystal clear that the plastic trend is here to stay. Net-a-porter have named this trend 'Plastic Fantastic' and I couldn't put it better myself. Whilst you may not have thought plastic could ever be considered a luxe product, the top designers are telling us and proving otherwise. From Valentino to Givenchy to Burberry to Chanel the runways were full of plastic accessories adding a touch of modernity and interest to the looks. So whether you decide to go for a full-on plastic shoe or perhaps a clutch with a transparent accent to it, one thing is for sure you'll definitely be on-trend. I have chosen my top 5 transparent accessories for you. 

1. These Valentino Pumps are top on my wishlist. I'm not so keen on baring all of my toes so they are ideal for ticking this trend. They will instantly update any outfit and bring an understated youthful elegance to your look.
Valentino Naked Rockstud, £770, Available at Net-a-porter and My-theresa

2. I had to include this in my top 5 because a girl can dream - who wouldn't want a Chanel lego perspex bag?! This is definitely a collector's item.   

3. If you want to fully embrace this trend then I think we have to add the fun-factor to it as well. There is no better way of achieving this than with Charlotte Olympia's Scent Bottle Perspex Clutch.  
Charlotte Olympia Scent Bottle Perspex Clutch, £795, Matches

4. A perspex belt is the perfect way to incorporate this trend into your everyday wear. This belt can be added to almost any ensemble and adds both futuristic and sporty elements.  
Maison Martin Margiela Leather and Perspex Belt, £290, Net-a-porter

5. This bangle has been on my radar for a while now, but never before has there been a definite reason to invest in one! It is the perfect addition to any look and subtly adds the perspex trend to your look.
Louis Vuitton Inclusion Bracelet, £275, Louis Vuitton

How are you going to wear this trend? Is it your style to go full-out and wear completely transparent shoes, Gianvito Rossi style, or add some perspex jewellery to your ensemble? One things for sure - you'll be bang on trend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment