Friday, April 19, 2013

Marc Jacob's Monochrome Mania

Marc Jacobs, a big fan of modest dressing, sent his models walking down the catwalk in beautiful black and white striped creations. When wearing stripes it has to be approached with caution as depending on the direction and thickness of the stripes it can be unflattering for certain body shapes. I know many women who steer clear of clothes with any form of stripes on them when shopping.  However, Marc Jacobs knows how to use stripes to flatter a woman's body - not an easy task. I know most people will say that this is due to the striped clothes being worn on models that don't reflect the general public, but I must disagree, there are dresses to suit most body types from the striped suit (top middle) to the loose flowing dress (top right).





I have always been a huge fan of leopard and animal print clothes and shoes, however, due to the monochrome trend I am going to give it a back-seat for the moment and let zebra, dalmatian and striped prints take centre stage. Marc Jacobs has inspired me to re-think black and white - a look I rarely wear due to the fear of looking too waitress-like. My favourite print has to be the dalmatian-print and to nail this trend Zara is the place to go. I bought the shirt shown below from Zara which is a lovely material and is versatile as the sleeves can be worn either three-quarter or long. I'll be pairing it with my pleated leather skirt and if I'm feeling like adding a pop of colour I'll add a coloured blazer. Another way I'll wear this shirt is with my Zara leather-effect maroon midi skirt and my black leather jacket from The New Icons by H&M collection.  


 



















Now if only Zara would bring out their dalmatian mini skirt worn by Olivia Palermo on numerous occasions in knee length... A girl can wish! How are you wearing this trend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment