Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Savvy Sale Shopper

I have to apologise for being incognito for a few months. It's always busy in my household but for some reason last month was busier than usual! But I'm back and here to offer advice on sale shopping. It's that time of year when the summer sales have arrived even though we in the UK haven't really had the opportunity to wear our summer wardrobe yet. But, we must always be prepared and hopeful and thus have a wardrobe full of summer dresses and sandals!

I wasn't looking to buy anything in the summer sales however shocking that may sound! I had a bit of time free this morning and decided to pop into my local high-end shoe shop Larizia in Temple Fortune and see what sale bargains they had to offer. I walked in with no intention to purchase, just merely to browse, and did not leave empty handed. I couldn't leave without buying the Miu Miu high tops I wrote about in a previous post, The Trainer Trend Revival. It's not often you can find Miu Miu on sale for half price; these trainers are currently full price on both net-a-porter and mytheresa. They were £355 reduced to £177 - I'm  delighted by the latest addition to my shoe collection!! They are exceptionally comfortable, my little toes don't hurt in them like it does in so many of my ballet flats! I've had my eye on these trainers all season but couldn't justify buying them full price. These Miu Miu trainers prove that you don't have to forego style and the 'glam' factor for comfort - you can literally have both! 
Miu Miu High Tops, Was: £355 Now: £177, at www.larizia.com  

Sale shopping can be quite tricky and overwhelming at times, with the high-pressured atmosphere and often crowded shops so here are my top tips:

1. Even if you aren't looking to buy it's always good to browse the sale racks. You might find your dream shoe you've had your eye on for months (like me)!

2. Mytheresa offer an extra 10% off the last piece of an item, including sale items, and you can get them to alert you when your item is the last in stock. You just have to patient and hopeful that the size remaining will be yours.

3. It's important to do your research on what you'd like to invest in come sale time. Go in store and try on different clothes and shoes, checking what your size is so you are prepared when the sale begins.

4. Sign up to the websites you shop at the most for sale alerts. I receive emails from theoutnet, my-wardrobe, net-a-porter and mytheresa so I can  quickly check if the items in my wishlist are in the sale and add them to my shopping bag pronto. Sale shopping has never been so easy!

5. It's always good to do your homework on next seasons trend before the sales. Often you can purchase an item in the sale that is perfect for the coming season as well. It's all about researching! 

6. Come sale time I immediately check if a designer's classics are discounted, like the iconic YSL Tribute sandals. Investing in classics that a designer brings out season after season is savvy shopping and is a purchase you won't come to regret; it transcends every season.  

I hope these sale tips help you with your bargain shopping and always remember to stay true to your own unique style! Happy sale shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment